Dawn of Ruin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)

Go down 
3 posters

Should I keep going or shall I stop wasting my time? ;D
Keep going. Add pics and/or videos
City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_vote_lcap83%City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
LOLTHISPHUKINSUX
City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_vote_lcap17%City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Rafi Raintotem

Rafi Raintotem

City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) Empty
PostSubject: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:22 pm

Day 1....

Breen:"Why has the Combine seen fit to sup-"

News Anchor:"We're sorry to interrupt this..wonderful looped broadcast to bring you some...rather disturbing "news".

As some of you may know, videos of executions, murders, destruction of city property, and other highly illegal activities have been aired on live tv. We went live to show you a press conference called by Doctor Breen himself......and now we go live."

Breen: Doctor Breen walks into the room accompanied by two Combine soldiers. He throws a nod to the press and the cameras, clears this throat, and speaks:"Good day. You all know why we are here so shall we get started? Ahem..recent videos have been steamed through live television of a group executing both civil protection and citizens alike. This obviously has caused mass alarm and people are turning to Civil Protection and Combine for reassurance that this will be delt with. And it will be. We are puzzled as to why a group would do such a thing and more importantly, air it live on television. This..terrorist..group, either to send a message, or declare something stupid as war against us, will be delt with. Swiftly, and crushingly. It surprises us that they are able to commit such things inside city limits and get past our laws on suspicious activity is beyond us. We haven't been able to track the signal where the videos are being steamed from but rest assured, that this will have a stop put to it. Now you're thinking to yourself, "how can such a group cause so much trouble for the civil protection," I assure you this wont be one for much longer. We have our best tech experts around the clock working on this since the moment they were aired. I assure you, once the Combine find this pathetic group, we will bring the hammer down on them without hesitation."Doctor Breen pauses to look around the room, then inhales."Now we will take any questions you might have."

A man in a tucked white dress collared shirt says:"Yes uh, are you considering the possibility that this group is more fanactical than we might think? In other words, open war being a possibility? What is your thoughts on that possibility?"

Doctor Breen: Inhales while looking down at the floor, he then looks out to the press members and then exhales:"We hope it doesn't come to that possibility. But if it does end up like that I'm sure the combine are ready to put them before any type of organization occures. In the unlikely event that we fail, I think the more proper question in this case is, are you, the people, ready for war?"

"Any other questions? Ah, yes, you."

C17WNA Reporter:"Um, yes, are you afraid that this, attack, on civilians and civil protection officers will cause anarchy and/or incite rebellions throughout the city giving the terrorists an open shot directly at key targets to cripple any and all control over the population?"

Breen: The same look on Doctor Breens face returns:"We have high doubts that such a thing could happen. Atleast in areas of strong influence we maintain. The gehtto's and whatever crime syndicates we have could probably do such a thing as taking up arms against Civil Protection. But anywhere else, it's highly unlikely that such a thing could occur."

[Continuation]

"I'm afraid that's all the time we have left. We will call another conference meeting here within the next 2-6 hours. Thank you for being here to cover this meeting in this dire time." Doctor Breen throws a quick nod out to the press and then turns and does the same to the combine soldiers in the room. In a disciplined manner, the guards re-assume the same formation that they arrived in.

As soon as the glass door leading through a long hall to a combine security room seals shut, the press erupts into chaotic rambling while others left the room for a smoke.

News Anchor: "We'll get back to you in a moment Sarah it seems that you're ti-"

The broadcast flickers into a black screen as a unsettling quietness settles into the house around you. It'd had been as though life had been taken from the very heart of the city. The sound of cars screeching can be heard out in the street through the window in the kitchen. No lights, no electricity no nothing. You over hear an argument out in the street as the sound of screeching cars comes to an end. You open the glass sliding door and step out onto the balcony. It's 22:50 at night so it's dark outside but more dark than usual. It's a bit foggy outside as it just stopped raining so the stickiness is still there. You close your eyes and take a deep breath. The air smells like a hobo just bathed in gasoline. You exhale and look down toward the direction of the fight. As you scan over the streets of City 17, you see traffic lights blinking red and cars strewn across the streets and clusters of cars inside the intersections. A couple of cars have been completely totaled and others have dented bumpers. The people in the street are assessing the damage and checking for survivors inside the car that looks as if it had 3000 pounds of pressure plowing into the front of it. The argument continues so you look down further to the sidewalk just below your balcony. The two look drunk and seem to be a couple. Getting past the slurred words and poorly spoken grammar, you can sort of make out what they are saying. You shake your head and mumble,"Idiots," and just as you finish the last letter in the word you hear the Civil Police sirens. Many of them. The drunk couple run into the building awkwardly and you see white and blue flashes as far as you can see.

The people managed to rip off the door of the destroyed vehicle only to find the mangled remains of two passengers. A couple of them cover their mouths, others run off and heave all over the sidewalk, while anyone else just stands there in shock of what they just saw. The Civil Protection officers move quickly to the vehicle and fan the rest of the people away from the vehicle. Scanners move in from the skies to gather photo's of the entire city and some reach here and start photographing the crashes along the street and of the people around. You look at your watch and see that it's now 23:20. The sirens go off all around the city issuing confinement to peoples homes. The CP officers herd everyone inside and those who resisted were apprehended and put down. Anyone who fought back was either threatened to be shot, or smacked in the face with a stunstick.

CP officer:"Sir, get inside and lock your door, confinement is now in effect. Any attempt to resist will be put down and possibly serve jail time and pay a fine."

You nod and resentfully go back inside. You feel a brush against your leg. You flinch almost tripping over something small when you hear a familiar meow. You pick up your little kitten and walk into your room. You set the kitten down on the bed, throw off your shirt and crawl into bed. You give a quick glance at your watch, it's now 23:35 and you roll over and pass out almost instantly.

End of Day 1...

Last edited by Rafi Raintotem on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schwas

Schwas

PostSubject: Re: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 5:32 pm

<3's for Half-Life 2 story. Haven't played that game in forever, now I want to boot it back up XD
Back to top Go down
Edyne Tidehunter

Edyne Tidehunter

PostSubject: Re: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 am

:3 Loves! Now I want to play more Valve games!
Back to top Go down
Rafi Raintotem

Rafi Raintotem

PostSubject: Re: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:03 pm

Alright I'll work on it sum moe. The story is planned to span over a week or so and I'm not even done with the first day. But I'm usually just planning this as I go along so we'll see how it turns out.

I'm still looking into cross universe. I'm not sure that I want to mix to much together but we'll see.

Update: 4/22/09

I worked on the story some more and got about another page down in half an hour. It's coming along smoothly. I'll update day 1 with the new info tomorrow and possibly some Day 2. The only problem with writing this story is finding the time to write it. >_<

Last edited by Rafi Raintotem on Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rafi Raintotem

Rafi Raintotem

PostSubject: Re: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:38 pm

Update 5/14/09

Day 2 written. Day 2 or atleast half of day 2 to be added within the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)   City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City 17 (Non WoW rp..On Hold)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dawn of Ruin :: All Archives :: [OLD] Forum RP Archives-
Jump to: